Compliant Public Cloud and IaaS Proactive Management
Managed and Compliant IaaS and Public Cloud in Canada and the United States. If your business is storing any personal data, our Proactive Management is a requirement to meet your Compliance requirements and protect your business. Never worry about unexpected service problems again with our Public Cloud and IaaS Proactive Management program.
In this model, the Cartika technical team continuously monitors all critical systems and services, notifying you whenever something appears to be out of the ordinary. Whether it’s a high resource utilization, full disk partition, or security incident – with our Managed IaaS and Public Cloud Servers – we will be on top of things at all times.
We proactively manage your IaaS and Public Cloud servers and associated security to ensure availability, performance and compliance.
Managed Compliant Public Cloud and IaaS
- Cloud eMail including full spam filtering, file sharing, calendar sharing and more
- Spamfiltering as a Service for cloud email or exchange/pop/IMAP services running on your local or remote infrastructure
- Snapshots – add snapshots to your IaaS resource pool and snapshot your VMs at any time (not available for dedicated servers)
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Cloud load-balancing services
Ideal Users and Applications:
- Any business storing Personal Data requiring to meet various compliance requirements (ex. GDPR, PIPEDA)
- Customers who want to ensure their 24×7 services are proactively monitored and handled immediately
- Applications requiring higher levels of security protection and uninterrupted performance
- Environments requiring analysis of events that could eventually lead to issues
Managed Compliant IaaS and Public Cloud Includes these platforms
Managed Compliant Public Cloud and IaaS – Pricing Details
Proactive Management can be layered on top of customers preferred infrastructure. Physical and/or Virtual Servers are supported.
- $499/month/Server or VM + Cartika Infrastructure Costs
- Compliance for all Personal Data Protection Acts (GDPR, PIPEDA and including PCI DSS)
- Platforms included (Backups, Endpoint Security, Big Data Analytics, Access Management)
- Includes 1 AD/LDAP user
- Includes 1 VPN User
- Managed Software Firewall
- Proactive monitoring and response of every facet of the service including access events, security events, physical system and application level events
- 1 day Big Data Analytics retention
- 500GB backup disk space
- $25/month additional 500GB backup disk space
- $10/month additional AD/LDAP user
- $5/month additional VPN user
Cartika clearly outlines the level of disaster recovery a user can expect to receive with each level of service. With Cartika Proactive Management, Cartika will return the Server or VM to the point of the latest full/incremental backup.
Customers can choose the frequency and retention period of backups (with our default configuration set to daily backups with 15 restore points). Customers can opt to have backups taken multiple times per day, maintain longer retention periods, replicate backups with the same or different frequency to multiple locations. Additionally, many customers will configure multiple managed environments, will have their application replicate to accommodate high availability, as well as, many various configurations which would dramatically reduce or practically completely negate the requirement ever to perform a full Disaster Recovery scenario.
With a Proactively Managed Public Cloud and IaaS Service by Cartika – We are responsible for restoring your environment in case of a Disaster Recovery Scenario.
Managed IaaS Physical Servers will be restored using our BMR technology. Restore times are purely dependent on the amount of data being restored.
Managed Public Cloud Virtual Servers can be restored immediately from the latest snapshot available from the customer, then the latest file/database structure can be restored within minutes from our backup system.
Lacking a recent VM snapshot/template, VM’s can be restored in the following manners:
a) a *nix VM can be restored from the latest file level backup via our inhouse technology to build a bootable template from the latest incremental file/db level backup. This process is extremely quick, and the VM can be booted within a few minutes.
b) Windows VMs can utilize our BMR technology, and a VM can be restored within minutes to hours depending on the volume of data. For all VM environments (and more specifically Windows VM’s), we highly recommend customers take regular snapshots to have available in case a Disaster Recovery scenario is required.